Ship small volumes by sharing container space with other producers. We connect you to partners that can export!
Getting a shipping service quote gives you an idea of how much it will cost to get your coffees shipped. If you want to use the service, this is what you need to do next:
1. Get in touch with Algrano at firstname.lastname@example.org and send us the following information: the volume you want to ship, the lot information (variety, processing method, screen size range, defect count, etc) and the FOB price. Make sure to contact the indicated exporter on the shipment you want to join to provide an accurate FOB price, including the costs of taking your coffee to the partner's warehouse.
2. Log in to your account and create a private offer. Simply go to the Inventory page and click on "Create a New Coffee Lot" (if you don't have the lot listed yet) or "New Private Offer" (if you already have the lot listed publicly on the marketplace). Share the link with the roaster.
3. Once the roaster and you agree on the details, Algrano will send him/her a contract for signing. Then, our team will confirm the order with you and the exporter. The delivery deadline for the coffee to the partner's warehouse will be communicated per shipment and can be of up to 30 days before shipping. You will be able to see the details in your account.
4. Deliver the coffee to the partner's warehouse milling and sorted unless specified (some exporters can provide milling services if needed). Have your coffee bagged in GrainPro bags (or similar) and jute sacks. If you require milling or bag marking services, contact the exporter before sending the FOB price to the roaster.
5. Shipments are scheduled according to sales timelines for a given exporter. When the sales window for the exporter ends, we will send shipping instructions. All sellers are informed about delivery deadlines and shipping dates. At this point, you can bring the coffee to the partner's warehouse.
6. Once we receive and accept the exporting documents, Algrano pays the exporter (CAD in full). Then, the exporter will pay you. The currency exchange rate will be fixed by the exporter on the day of the payment.